$7,500 - 200 hours completed in our laser clinic using Candela, Palomar, Emerge, Adena machines. Classes and practice in student laser clinic is available during the day and evenings to cater for student needs.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have specialised knowledge to design and safely apply IPL and laser to reduce unwanted hair on face and body and to rejuvenate the skin.
To achieve the SIB70110 Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and laser Hair Reduction the following must be completed:
All 5 core units
- HLTIN402B - Maintain infection control standards in office practice settings
- SIBBHRS705A - Apply intense pulsed light and Laser safety protocols
- SIBBHRS706A - Design intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatment programs
- SIBBHRS707A - Provide intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatments
- SIBBRES702A - Investigate developments in cosmetic treatments using light or laser systems
Attendance is 5 full days or 10 evenings for theory and practical tuition. In addition all students studying SIB70110 Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and laser Hair Reduction are required to complete 200 practical hours in our student laser clinics under the guidance of a fully qualified laser trainer and assessors.
Occasionally students may be offered an internship or position with a respected laser clinic at the completion of their theory component.
This will be possible with the Academy’s approval, but students are still required to attend the student clinic on at least 3 different occasions during this time for formative practical assessment.
It is important that the academy reasonably believes the student is academically suited to the course.
A student will be academically suited when:
- The student satisfies the entry requirements set out in our procedures.
- The student satisfies one of the following:
- The Academy obtains a copy of a senior school certificate of education that has been awarded to the student by an agency or state or territory for the student’s completion of year 12 or both
- The student is assessed as displaying competence at or above exit level 3 in the Australian Core skills Framework (ACSF) in both reading and numeracy
This test is an online test and an approved testing tool. Your results will be downloaded by our staff and you will be informed of the results as soon as practicable after the assessment. The Secretary of the Department of education may obtain these results upon request. These results are retained for at least 5 years in our Wisenet management system. The academy will organise this testing for you before enrolment is confirmed.
- SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy or a relevant qualification at diploma level or above in medical health, including the study of human biology, anatomy and physiology, and significant and relevant vocational experience as a beauty therapist with a primary focus on providing facial services, skin services and hair reduction services.
- Evidence of significant and relevant vocational experience relating to the application of human biology, anatomy and physiology knowledge in their respective field.
- All prospective students are to have a one on one interview with the CEO of The Academy or another senior manager. This is to ensure prospective students display a real interest in the course, and understand the commitments of the course.
- A high standard of grooming and a caring nurturing personality are other requirements to being a successful laser therapist.
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid must be completed before starting practical part of course.
Students to supply
- Notebook, stationery for class
- Laptop, or ipad recommended for class but not essential
- Computer and internet required at home for research and theory assessments
- Unique email address
- Uniform (cost $135)
- Closed in flat rubber soled shoes
Starting Dates of Course for 2017
Please note: The current accredited course does not include skin rejuvenation, it is only hair reduction. However due to industry demand we are including skin rejuvenation using IPL and laser as part of our training to ensure our graduates are fully equipped in all aspects of IPL and laser treatments.
Equipment used in our training for both skin rejuvenation and hair reduction
- Candela Gentlelase – Alexandrite laser
- Palomar Emerge – Fractional laser
- Australasian Medical Aesthetics
- Adena - IPL
To enrol in the SIB70110 Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and laser Hair Reduction please choose your preferred starting date from the timetable and complete the enrolment form and training agreement. Please be sure to read and understand the contents of our student handbook and prospectus.
Scan and email enrolment form and training agreement to
Please read further pre-enrolment information to help you make an informed decision as to the suitability of our courses.