Academic suitability requirements
To undertake an Approved Course a Student must be academically suited. A Student is academically suited when:
- The Student has met The Australian Academy of Beauty and Spa Therapy’s entry requirements for the Approved Course (set out above); and
- The Australian Academy of Beauty and Spa Therapy believes on reasonable grounds that the Student is academically suited to undertake the Approved Course; and
- The Student satisfies one of the following requirements:
- The Australian Academy of Beauty and Spa Therapy obtains a copy of a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education that has been awarded to the Student by an agency or authority of a State or Territory for the student’s completion of Year 12; or
- The Student is assessed as displaying competence at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) in both reading and numeracy using an approved assessment tool, and The Australian Academy of Beauty and Spa Therapy reasonably believes that the Student displays that competence; or
- The Australian Academy of Beauty and Spa Therapy obtains a copy of a certificate that a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework has been awarded to the Student, and the course for the qualification was delivered in English.
If a Student does not have a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or certificate of a qualification at level 4 or above (delivered in English) then The Australian Academy of Beauty and Spa Therapy will assess the Student’s competence at or above Exit Level 3 in the ACSF reading and numeracy using the Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA). This process will be conducted with honesty and integrity.
If a student is required to be assessed using the LLN tool, you will be emailed the procedure to access this tool prior to enrolment confirmation. You will also be advised of a support person should you need clarification on any matter. Results of the testing will be emailed to you as soon as practicable after the assessment
Your results will be downloaded by our staff and you will be informed of the results as soon as practicable after the assessment. The Secretary of the Department of education may obtain these results upon request. These results are retained for at least 5 years in our Wisenet management system. The test has two parts:
- Reading tasks are based on a broad range of texts designed or chosen for their authenticity and relevance to the lives of adult students.
Reading questions are presented to students in a simulated online reading environment. A split screen is used to allow a dedicated area for each text, with questions located in a separate screen opposite.
The CSPA numeracy assessment provide diagnostic feedback on the learner’s performance in the focus areas of:
- Problem solving
- Number and algebra
- Measurement and geometry
- Statistics and probability
The test must be conducted with honesty and integrity.
All prospective students are to have a one on one interview with the CEO of The Academy or another senior manager. This is to ensure prospective students display a real interest in the course, and understand the commitments of the course.
A high standard of grooming and a caring nurturing personality are other requirements to being a successful beauty therapist.
HLTAID003 Provide first aid must be completed before starting practical part of course.
Students to supply
- Notebook, stationery for class
- Laptop, or ipad recommended for class but not essential
- Computer and internet required at home for research and theory assessments
- Unique email address
- Uniform (cost $135)
- Closed in flat rubber soled shoes