This qualification reflects the role of senior managers and small business owners of personal services businesses. They are responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operation of the business and for planning, monitoring and evaluating the work of the team. Salon managers also operate with significant autonomy to make strategic business management decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a salon manager in any type of personal services business including hairdressing or beauty salons, barber shops and spas.
Delivery is a combination of online theory and trainer webinars and practical application in our Student Spa or your workplace. If your practical work be external you will be required to attend the Student Spa at least three times for practical assessments. In addition you will be required to do home research and assessment activities and self paced learning for approximately 18 hours a week over 36 weeks.
Classes are held at Bella Vista, Kogarah, North Strathfield and Chatswood.
There are 10 units in the SHB50216 Diploma of Salon Management
|BSBHRM404||Review human resource functions|
|BSBHRM506||Management recruitment selection and induction processes|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|SHBXPSM001||Lead teams in a personal services environment|
|SHBXPSM002||Manage treatment services and sales delivery|
|SHBXPSM003||Promote a personal services business|
|BSBSM404||Undertake small business planning|
|SHBXWHS002||Provide a safe work environment|
|BSBSMB403||Market the small business|
|BSBFRA402||Establish a franchise|
- All prospective students are to have a one on one interview with the CEO of The Academy or another senior manager. This is to ensure prospective students display a real interest in the course, and understand the commitments of the course.
- A high standard of grooming and a caring nurturing personality are other requirements to being a successful salon manager.
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid must be completed before starting practical part of course.
Students to supply
- Notebook, stationary for class
- Laptop, or ipad recommended for class but not essential
- Computer and internet required at home for research and theory assessments
- Unique email address
- Uniform (cost $135)
- Closed in flat rubber soled shoes