The Australian Academy of Beauty and Spa Therapy is pleased to announce that it has been granted approval for by the Australian Government as an approved VET FEE-HELP Provider.
What is VET FEE-HELP?
VET FEE-HELP is a scheme provided by the Australian Government to enable eligible full-fee paying students the opportunity to apply for a loan. Such a loan is to aid in the payment of all or part of a student’s tuition fees. This scheme is an extension of the FEE-HELP scheme (currently applicable to higher education students) and extends to students studying one or more of the following vocational training courses:
- Advanced Diploma
- Graduate Certificate
- Vocational Graduate Diploma
How do I access VET FEE-HELP?
VET FEE-HELP is accessed via a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) who has been authorised by The Australian Government to be an approved VET FEE-HELP Provider. The Australian Academy of Beauty and Spa Therapy is one of a few beauty colleges able to offer this facility.
What is needed to be eligable for VET FEE-HELP assistance?
To be eligible for VET FEE-HELP assistancefor a VET unit of study, a student must:
- be a full fee-paying student;
- be an Australian Citizen or a holder of a Permanent Humanitarian sub-class visa (holders of permanent visas and New Zealand citizens are not eligible for VET FEE-HELP assistance.)
- have a FEE-HELP balance greater than zero – that is, they have not exceeded their FEE-HELP limit;
- be enrolled in a VET unit of study that meets the course requirements;
- be enrolled in the VET unit of study on or before the census date for the unit and remain enrolled at the end of the census date;
- meet the Tax File Number (TFN) requirements;
- have completed, signed and lodged with their VET Provider, a Request for VET FEE-HELP assistance form.
What is the census date?
The census date of a VET unit of study is the last day a student can submit their Request for VET FEE-HELP assistance form to defer their tuition fees through the VET FEE-HELP scheme. It is a date the VET Provider sets which is no earlier than 20% of the way through the period in which the unit of study is undertaken. It is also the last day you can withdraw from a course without financial penalty. Our census dates are listed under VET FEE HELP course documents “Schedule of Vet Tuition fees”.
How does VET FEE-HELP work?
Following the successful lodgement and assessment of a Request for VET FEE-HELP assistance form, the Australian Government will pay directly to the VET Provider, the full amount of the tuition fees associated with a student’s course. This loan is then repaid by the student via the tax system in compulsory and/or voluntary contributions.
What is the entitlement under the VET FEE-HELP scheme?
Over their lifetime, a student will be able to borrow up to the amount of their FEE-HELP limit which is indexed annually by the Australian Government. Repayments do not reset the maximum that can be borrowed.
The VET FEE-HELP limit for 2015 is $97,728.
What does VET FEE-HELP cover?
VET FEE-HELP extends only to tuition fees. It does not cover accommodation and general living expenses. It is important to note that a loan fee of 20% applies to VET FEE-HELP loans. This fee is payable to the Australian Government and added to your loan. It is also not included in the FEE-HELP limit.
When do the first repayments start?
A student’s first loan repayment starts when their employment income exceeds the minimum threshold permitted for the specific financial year. For the 2015 year the repayment threshold is $53,345
What else do I need to know about VET FEE-HELP?
- A VET FEE-HELP loan can be used to help a student articulate to university and can be applied to a student’s VET tuition fees - provided their total FEE-HELP limit has not been exceeded.
- Eligibility for VET FEE-HELP is not affected by previous qualifications or your study results.
For more information on VET FEE-HELP, you may refer to the VET FEE-HELP Student Information Booklet for 2015.
To obtain a Request for VET FEE-HELP assistance Form please see the Principal.
VET FEE-HELP Documents
Schedule of VET tuition fees
- VET FEE-HELP Information booklet
- Fairness procedures
- Student grievance handling policy and procedure (for academic and non-academic matters)
- Refund Policy for Vet Fee-Help enabled courses
- Statement of VET tuition assurance
- Privacy and personal information procedures
- Student Handbook
- Online and Distance Learning Student Handbook
- Student Review Procedures for Re-Crediting a FEE-HELP Balance
Online & Distance Learning
Suitable for those in remote areas or needing flexibility with studying.
Diploma of Beauty Therapy
SIB50110. Work as a skilled beauty therapist in salons, spas and the wider beauty industry.
Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction SIB70110. For anyone wanting to work with IPL and Laser.